Thursday, November 5, 2009

Shhhhh

   I'm starting a secret project.  

   It involves: 
  • lots and lots of drawing
  • guache
  • my beloved Rapidographs
  • the laser cutter
  • my family crest
  • debossing
  • and five colors of bookcloth

   I'll keep you updated.

   In the mean time, if you're an SAIC-er, go to the AIC.  I went this past weekend when my family was in town and I realized how much I take it for granted.  I was particularly excited when seeing A Sunday on La Grande Jatte because last week my drawing class visited the Prints and Drawings Department and Richard had a sketch pulled that Seurat had done for the woman with the umbrella.  It was so cool to see because it was clear that he fucked up a few times before finding the right line.  It's always nice to see that a master stumbled before becoming a master and that even when they were in their prime, they still screwed up.  It makes me feel a little closer to them and gives me hope that I'll continue to improve as I continue to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment